Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wow, since May, huh?

OK, some updates are in order:

* I disappeared into the land of data, never to be seen or heard from again. OK, that's an exaggeration. But not much of one! Election season began for me shortly after my last post and won't be done until Nov 8th, from what I can tell;

* Jess left a month ago to run a campaign office for SEIU in Kansas City, MO. I patiently await her return -- we're both working weekends so it seems unlikely that I'll get a chance to visit;

* Despite all of this, I managed to pass my first belt test in Tae Kwon Do class. I'm now a whopping yellow stripe! That's the second-to-lowest rank, for those who don't know :)

* Jess and I decided to postpone the wedding until Fall of next year, since we can't exactly be planning a wedding right now. Both of us are biting our nails about the California anti-gay marriage ballot initiative. But, hey, at least we could tie the knot in CT were we so inclined. I never thought I'd be getting state married to begin with, so eh. We shall see;

* I write this while taking a brief sanity break at work, where I've been since 9am and will probably be until 7. I kind of wish the weather weren't nice so I couldn't see it, but hey, it'll all be worth it to avoid having to hear the scariest words I can imagine right now: "McCain Administration". Or perhaps, "Palin Administration". To those of my near and dear who are thinking "gosh, Max, that's awfully electoral of you!" I see this work as a gigantic harm-reduction strategy for the coming months/years of round two of the Great Depression. More on that later -- like, mid-November later.

Time, it doth fly.

No comments: