Saturday, December 30, 2006

transfer to hospice.

My dad decided yesterday to stop his dialysis treatment and be moved to a hospice. While this is the best situation he could be in, it's a huge heartbreak. I can barely get the words out, and I'm in the position of notifying many people because I'm the only one of my immediate family with a cell phone. He will only be with us for a few days, maybe a few weeks if we're lucky. What an amazing loss.

I wrote much of this blog as a newsletter and correspondence with him; he used to send me email after every new post, and I was always so excited to hear his commentary. This next three weeks promises to be the most difficult I've had in my life and I haven't always had it easy, believe you me.

I may not be posting for a while. Feel free to call if you have my number.

No comments: